To promote post-secondary and educational excellence by highlighting college student success stories and by providing student organization information for colleges and universities.
- Inspire middle and high school-age students to pursue their educational goals.
- Give hard-working students and graduates a “place in the sun” to convey their successes to peers and upcoming college students.
- Develop role models to mentor younger students on an upward educational path.
- Connect students to college resources, including financial aid information, application deadlines, and local places to visit for post-secondary advice.
- Young students have role models and mentors who can answer questions about growing educationally.
- College students/graduates have a forum for expressing the struggles and rewards of post-secondary education to peers and underlings.
- Educators have a place to feature their star pupils and to share the joys of working with dedicated students.
- Student organizations gain additional exposure for the benefits of joining their groups on campuses.
NF promotes a positive community image and cultural identity through event announcements, coverage, hosting and sponsorship of events that benefit youth, families, seniors, and the community at large. NF has also covered and co-sponsored numerous community and cultural events throughout the tri-state area.
To promote a positive community image and foster strong cultural identity through event announcement, coverage, hosting and co-sponsorship.
- Educate community about upcoming and ongoing events to benefit families and residents of all ages
- Provide volunteer and internship opportunities for youth, especially teens seeking community service hours or temporary work
- Involve young people by actively engaging them in networking and volunteerism in their communities
- Community has a place to learn online about the positive happenings and information not otherwise easily accessible to them.
- Youth gain valuable work experience, interpersonal and communication skills and are exposed to potential employees while earning community service hours required for promotion in school.
In partnership with Lights, Sounds & Promos (LSP), NF helps train tomorrow’s photographers, promoters, emcees, DJ’s and event organizers/planners through development of interpersonal, social and communication skills at Club Diesel. Originally partnered with LSP to bring this event to Philly high schoolers, NF returned to the event as a co-sponsor, offering webhosting and maintenance services among its other contributions.
NF fosters an understanding and appreciation for Hip-Hop as an alternative to being on the streets for teens through performances, classes, industry news and other announcements. Through partnerships with other entertainment companies, producers and aspiring artists, NF has served as one of few local resources for connecting and promoting young rappers, hip-hop dancers and groups.
To foster an understanding and appreciation of hip-hop as an art form and alternative to being on the streets.
- Discover and expose talented young artists with a positive message for their peers
- Educate readers about true hip-hop, as a form of art and creative self-expression, and ways it can serve to help young people develop creative writing, critical thinking and business/personal management skills
- Community and youth send a message of hope for young people pursuing a dream instead of being pursued by the drugs, violence, teen pregnancy or the law.
- NF supports hip-hop artists and dance groups who perform with a purpose and positive message for their peers and communities.
Reviving a once-defunct aspect of NF, Model Citizens supports youth, groups and dance troupes aspiring to careers in areas that serve to increase the quality of life for the community or to promote cultural identity and excellence. Generally, youth benefiting from Model Citizens pursue careers in photography, writing, journalism, fashion, or an area of music, to name a few.
To support the endeavors of youth aspiring to improve themselves and to benefit their families and communities at large.
- Identify and support teens and young adults seeking financial or educational help to pursue professional endeavors
- Provide training and guidance in various career areas to young people dedicated to giving back to their communities
- Expose youth to a strong professional network and help them identify possible opportunities for personal and professional growth
Bringing years of photography and fashion experience to young people with a passion for the same interests, NF supports Philadelphia Latino Pageants each year since 2005, giving youth opportunities to learn about the business and industry of fashion and performance while fostering a strong parental involvement piece greatly lacking in many youth endeavors.
NF helps promote and maintain a sense of pride throughout the Latino community by supporting groups, dance teams, events and organizations with a flair for Latin dance variations. NF has co-sponsored innumerable Salsa events, promoted and attended more of the same, and publishes information about upcoming events and classes around Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Bomba, Plena and other dance styles.
To educate community about and maintain Latin culture through music (singing and dancing), including performances, concerts and major events
- Educate community about Latin culture, music and various dance styles, including but not limited to Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Mambo, Samba, Bomba and Plena.
- Support dance troupes through coverage and sponsorship of their performances, dance classes, and website development
- Announcement and coverage of Salsa events, classes and performances throughout the community
- Youth gain a sense of self-identity, cultural awareness, diversity and tolerance.
- Community learns about various dance styles and about events that benefit the dance and special interest groups that promote Latin culture through art and music.
NF continues to increase available web space and bandwidth to support individuals, college groups, dance troupes and budding organizations and small businesses. Youth benefit by improving their web design and maintenance skills, while contributing to the overall development of their surrounding communities and learning the art and science of managing businesses, organizing groups and events and publishing news on the web.